- This event has passed.
Socialist Night School Planning Meeting #1
December 22, 2019 at 10:45 am - 1:30 pm
Short URL: https://siliconvalleydsa.org/?p=4239
Join the Political Education WG for the first ever socialist night school planning meeting! We’ll be organizing for the first SVDSA Night School event called “What is Democratic Socialism” happening in late January. At this meeting we plan to:
📚 Create a Socialist Night School syllabus
🌹Begin organizing Socialist Night School’s first event called “What is Democratic Socialism”
Attend this meeting if you like reading socialist texts, learning and teaching about socialism, creating teaching materials, or facilitating. If you want to be involved in this project join the #x-night-school channel on slack, and attend the planning meeting!
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.