- This event has passed.
Organizing for Power: How We Win Video Class by Jane McAlevey
November 12, 2019 at 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Short URL: https://siliconvalleydsa.org/?p=4144
Join the Political Education Working Group at the San Jose Peace and Justice Center to learn with thousands of other comrades around the world!! 📚
We’ll learn about strategies for organizing from one on one conversations,🗣persuasion, and identifying leaders taught by Jane McAlevey and the Rosa Luxumberg Foundation.
We’ll watch the live training on a zoom call and then discuss afterwards with comrades in the room.
Heres an overview of the traning:
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.