- This event has passed.
AfroSOC Caucus Meeting
November 12 at 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us for our Afrosocialists & Socialists of Color Caucus meeting! We will be strategizing how to support, develop, and retain our Afro/POC membership, and discussing how to continue the legacy of black radical tradition, as well as the radical traditions of other people of color. Newcomers strongly encouraged to attend!
***Call in option details below.
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Childcare: We may be able to provide childcare on request for this meeting. Please reach out at email@example.com.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken offered by the organizers.
Call in option:
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/221461828
- Dial by your location: +1 720 707 2699 with Meeting ID: 221 461 828
- You can download Zoom at: https://zoom.us/download