- This event has passed.
SJSU YDSA Interest Meeting
October 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Short URL: https://siliconvalleydsa.org/?p=3869
Want to bring democratic socialism to SJSU? Silicon Valley DSA is putting together a meeting for interested SJSU students and campus community members who would like to form a YDSA chapter at SJSU. If that description fits you, or if you’d just like to learn a little more about what you might be able to effect change by organizing in YDSA, then: join us this Sunday at noon at the San Jose Peace & Justice Center just north of campus at 48 S 7th St.
You’ll learn about what YDSA is all about, what other (Y)DSA chapters have accomplished, and most importantly – you’ll meet others at SJSU interested in socialism, and have a chance to get started on organizing!
YDSA is the campus-oriented section of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA). YDSA chapters are primarily student-run and student-organized, and open to members of the campus community. Silicon Valley DSA is the local chapter of DSA. Join us!
Please make sure to fill out our YDSA interest form!
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head down the hallway toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building (past the gate).
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free; on Sunday, it is free all day. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.