- This event has passed.
Housing Working Group Meeting (SJ)
September 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join us for the second September meeting of the Housing Working Group! We will likely discuss the big day of housing action at San Jose City Council on 9/24, the anti-homeless RV Ban being considered in Mountain View on the same day, and San Jose’s inaction on a Commercial Linkage Fee on office/retail development to fund affordable housing. Other topics may include: social housing, Google’s attempted Diridon expansion, and tenants’ rights efforts. Look out for an agenda closer to the date.
While this particular meeting is in San Jose, our working group is chapter-wide and we’ll be discussing our work across Silicon Valley, so members outside of San Jose are also welcome. If you can’t make it in person, we will also have a Zoom call-in option.
All our meetings and events are always open to new members or those who are just curious about our work!
Zoom Call-In Info:
Venue & Accessibility Info
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Childcare: We may be able to provide childcare on request for this meeting. Please reach out at email@example.com.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English, with translation into Spanish available upon request. There is no translation into other spoken languages or sign language offered by the organizers. This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future.