- This event has passed.
Revolutionary Craft Caucus Meetup
August 17 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
We are meeting up to work on various sewing, knitting, and embroidery projects. Everyone is welcome to join! No previous experience needed.
Bring your ripped up jeans, shirts with missing buttons, or bags that could use an upgrade with socialist swag and we can help you learn how to mend and embellish them.
If you have another hand-craft project you are working on please feel free to bring it along. We’ll have a sewing machine as well as scrap fabric, embroidery hoops, and a button maker, so if you don’t have a project in mind we can help you start one!
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm and on weekends is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken offered by the organizers.