- This event has passed.
Summer Chapter Meeting
June 15, 2019 at 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This summer, we’re focusing on what it means to build power in our community as socialists. What does power look like? How do we grow ours? We’ll be answering these questions, and more, with trainings and workshops on key organizing skills. You can check out the details on our agenda here. And please RSVP here to help us plan very important logistics (like snacks)!
We also have many other exciting things lined up, like:
- Working Group Fair! Meet your new co-chairs, see what projects each working group is taking on, and find out how you can get more involved.
- Delegate Elections! DSA’s National Convention in Atlanta is coming up in August, and we get to send 13 people as our chapters’ voices. They’ll be tasked with choosing DSA’s national leadership and deciding on the shape and structure of DSA itself. If you’re interested in running, nominate yourself here.
- A Craft Fair! Turns out sending 13 people to Atlanta is expensive! If you’d like to help cover travel and lodging costs, check out all the awesome stuff at our Craft Fair fundraiser. If you’d like to make something, sign up here.
And don’t forget to RSVP and bring some friends!
- Transit information: First Unitarian Church of San José is located next to Saint James Park in downtown San José. There are multiple bus stops at Saint James Park (lines 66, 72, 73 82, 181, 304, 323), along with a Light Rail stop in the park as well (lines 901, 902). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. San Jose Diridon Caltrain Station is a 20 minute walk from First Unitarian Church. See the Caltrain weekday schedule.
- Parking: Street parking is available, with free street parking north of Saint James St.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Childcare: Will be provided on-site. However, please give us a heads up at email@example.com.
- Directions to the room: On the right side of the church, to the right of the gate, go up the brick steps between the church and the office building next door and enter the church entrance to your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The room is a wheelchair-accessible space with accessible bathrooms.
- Bathroom information: Unfortunately, we don’t have the space fully to ourselves so we will not be able designate gender neutral bathrooms. There is a single person bathroom on the same floor as the meeting room, along with men’s and women’s bathrooms down the stairs.
- Amplified sound: We will have a speaker and microphones.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken language offered by the organizers. American Sign Language (ASL) services will be made available upon request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future.)