Summer Chapter Meeting
June 15 at 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us at the First Unitarian Church of San José for our summer chapter meeting! This is a chance for both branches to get together and collaborate on exciting projects, including electing our delegates to DSA’s National Convention later in the summer.
If you’re planning on attending, please fill out this form so that we can plan logistics. (Like snacks!) If you’re interested in helping out with things like setting up, childcare, carpooling, etc., you can sign up for volunteer roles on the RSVP form as well.
- Transit information: First Unitarian Church of San José is located next to Saint James Park in downtown San José. There are multiple bus stops at Saint James Park (lines 66, 72, 73 82, 181, 304, 323), along with a Light Rail stop in the park as well (lines 901, 902). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. San Jose Diridon Caltrain Station is a 20 minute walk from First Unitarian Church. See the Caltrain weekday schedule.
- Parking: Street parking is available, with free street parking north of Saint James St.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Childcare: Will be provided on-site. However, please give us a heads up at email@example.com.
- Directions to the room: On the right side of the church, to the right of the gate, go up the brick steps between the church and the office building next door and enter the church entrance to your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The room is a wheelchair-accessible space with accessible bathrooms.
- Bathroom information: Unfortunately, we don’t have the space fully to ourselves so we will not be able designate gender neutral bathrooms. There is a single person bathroom on the same floor as the meeting room, along with men’s and women’s bathrooms down the stairs.
- Amplified sound: We will have a speaker and microphones.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken language offered by the organizers. American Sign Language (ASL) services will be made available upon request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future.)