- This event has passed.
Marching Band Practice
May 19 at 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
The Silicon Valley DSA Marching Band are meeting to practice our Internationale, Solidarity Forever, A Las Barricadas and There’s Power In A Union, and also discuss what other noises we would like to make in the future!🎺🎷🥁
If you can play or want to learn an instrument you can reasonably move around with (so most things except grand pianos?) you are highly encouraged to join us! This includes if you are a newbie, have not played for a long time or do not own the instrument you would like to play. Feel free to just show up, and we’ll figure something out. While we do our best to sound as awesome as we can, there are no auditions or requirements for any particular level of musical ability, all are welcome!
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.