- This event has passed.
Labor Movie Night: Sorry to Bother You
April 19 at 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
The labor working group of Silicon Valley DSA is hosting a labor movie night at Sacred Heart Community Service. We are watching the 2018 film “Sorry to Bother You” written and directed by Boots Riley.
Snacks will be provided at the event; feel free to bring your own snacks to share as well! This is a dry (non-alcoholic) event. We will have time at the beginning for socializing and snacking and then start viewing the film at 7pm.
Movie plot summary: In an alternate present-day version of Oakland, telemarketer Cassius Green discovers a magical key to professional success, propelling him into a universe of greed. Run time: 1 hr 51 min
Please RSVP here if you’re interested and would like to learn more. Newbies are welcome!
Date: Friday, April 19
Time: 6:30 – 9:00pm
Location: Sacred Heart Community Service
1381 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95110
- Transit information: Sacred Heart Community Service is a less than 10 minute drive south from downtown San Jose. There are four bus stops within one block of SHCS (lines 66, 68, 82). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Tamien Caltrain station is a 9 block, 17 minute walk from SHCS. See the Caltrain weekday schedule.
- Parking: Available in private lot.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Directions to the room: Usually only one door will be unlocked, which is located towards the back of the building. We’ll have signs leading you to where you need to go.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The room is on the first floor and is wheelchair accessible.
- Bathroom information: Unfortunately, we don’t have the space fully to ourselves so we will not be able designate gender neutral bathrooms. The facility designates them as a women’s room and a men’s room.