- This event has passed.
Labor Movie Night: Salt of the Earth
February 22 at 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The labor working group of Silicon Valley DSA is hosting a labor movie night at the San Jose Peace and Justice Center. We are watching the 1954 film “Salt of the Earth.” Snacks will be provided at the event; feel free to bring your own snacks to share as well! This is a dry (non-alcoholic) event.
Movie plot summary: Mexican workers at a Zinc mine call a general strike. It is only through the solidarity of the workers, and importantly the indomitable resolve of their wives, mothers and daughters, that they eventually triumph. Run time: 1 h 34 min
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.