San Jose Branch Meeting
January 31 at 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Made a New Year’s Resolution to get more involved in your community? Start by checking out what your local DSA chapter is up to! The San Jose branch is meeting at Sacred Heart this month, and we’ll have lots of exciting updates from our working groups (housing, labor, health care, justice, electoral, socialist media, and mobilizers), plus we’re starting up a political education group and an ecosocialism one.
Want to know more about the basics about DSA and democratic socialism? We have a newbie orientation starting at 6:30pm. The regular meeting runs from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
If Palo Alto is a more convenient location for you, check our calendar for the Lower Peninsula Branch Meetings, which also happen monthly. This month, Lower Peninsula meets on Tuesday the 22nd (details here).
- Transit information: Sacred Heart Community Service is a less than 10 minute drive south from downtown San Jose. There are four bus stops within one block of SHCS (lines 66, 68, 82). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Tamien Caltrain station is a 9 block, 17 minute walk from SHCS. See the Caltrain weekday schedule.
- Parking: Available in private lot.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Childcare: Will be provided on-site. However, please give us a heads up at email@example.com.
- Directions to the room: Usually only one door will be unlocked, which is located towards the back of the building. We’ll have signs leading you to where you need to go.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The second floor conference room is a wheelchair-accessible space with accessible bathrooms.
- Bathroom information: Unfortunately, we don’t have the space fully to ourselves so we will not be able designate gender neutral bathrooms. The facility designates them as a women’s room and a men’s room.
- Amplified sound: We do not believe this is available, however contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to look into this more.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken language offered by the organizers. American Sign Language (ASL) services will be made available upon request by emailing us at email@example.com. (This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future.)
Questions? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We hope to see you soon.