- This event has passed.
Mobilizer Working Group Meeting
December 15, 2018 at 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Short URL: https://siliconvalleydsa.org/?p=2057
Join the Silicon Valley chapter of DSA for a meeting of our Mobilizer Working Group! This meeting will be devoted to a mobilizer training. We’ll learn and practice one of the most important skills that we need as socialist organizers: the 1-on-1 organizing conversations. It’s a great framework to be familiar with, whether or not you’d like to try your hand at being a mobilizer with SV DSA!
As the first meeting of the Mobilizer WG on our new monthly schedule, we’ll also take time to discuss how we will organize ourselves going forward.
Newbies are welcome, and no prior knowledge or experience will be assumed.
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Childcare: We may be able to provide childcare on request for this meeting. Please reach out at email@example.com.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. Parking on the street after 6pm is free. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken offered by the organizers.