- This event has passed.
Mobilizer Training (CANCELED – to be rescheduled)
October 13 at 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Our next mobilizer training is this Saturday, October 13 at the San Jose Peace and Justice Center from 2-5pm!
Join us to boost your training or to start mobilizing for the first time. Hope to see you there! There will be snacks!
Mobilizers are charged with reaching out to new and dormant DSA members to learn about their organizing interests, and work with them on finding ways that they can take action. It’s a great way to meet comrades and strengthen our chapter! Even if you can’t commit to being a mobilizer, you should go to this training — the purposeful one-on-one conversation is one of the most important organizing skills to have in your toolkit!
Venue, Transit, and Accessibility
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Childcare: We may be able to provide childcare on request for this meeting. Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center and streetside.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken offered by the organizers. Depending on availability, American Sign Language (ASL) services may be made available upon request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future.