- This event has passed.
SV DSA Fall Chapter Meeting
September 8, 2018 at 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Short URL: https://siliconvalleydsa.org/?p=1561
We hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend! Summer is winding down, and your comrades at Silicon Valley DSA (Democratic Socialists of America) are ready to launch into the campaign season with our Fall Chapter Meeting, coming up this Saturday, September 8!
Make sure to RSVP so we can be ready for you! The form will help us plan for food, carpooling, and other accommodations; as well as volunteer assignments.
- 12-1pm: Social hour. Chat with comrades! And enjoy coffee and a snack.
- 1-4pm: Chapter meeting. Attend a breakout, enjoy a workshop, and participate in radical democracy! In particular, we’re voting on several bylaw amendments, and whether to incorporate as a 501(c)4 organization.
- 4-5pm: Housing panel. We’re hosting guests from DSA SF and the East Bay to chat with us about tenant organizing and major electoral wins – did you know DSA SF helped win the right to counsel for tenants facing eviction in their city? 🔥
We hold Chapter Meetings on a quarterly basis to bring together our San Jose Branch and Lower Peninsula Branch for social time, big decisions, and exciting workshops and panels. You don’t want to miss this one!
Accessibility & other info
- Transit and carpooling: The venue is a short drive from Sunnyvale Caltrain Station. Use the RSVP form to request a ride.
- Parking: Available in lots on both sides of the church.
- Childcare will be provided on-site. However, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Wheelchair accessibility: this is a ground floor, wheelchair-accessible space with accessible bathrooms.
- Bathroom information: For the purpose of our events, we plan to designate bathrooms as gender-neutral.
- Amplified sound: We will offer amplified sound for this event.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken or sign language offered by the organizers. (This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future. If you would like to volunteer, please reach out.)
Questions? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We hope to see you soon.