- This event has passed.
Serve the People Teach-In
July 7, 2018 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Short URL: https://siliconvalleydsa.org/?p=1332
Serve the People (STP) San José is a grassroots organization that opposes the proposed google campus at the Diridon station in San Jose. Come and learn about their campaign and an alternative vision for San José.
- Transit information: The San Jose Peace & Justice Center is one block north from San Jose State University and two blocks east from San Jose City Hall. There are six bus stops within two blocks of SJ P&J Center (lines 17, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 72, 73, 81, 522). See the VTA regular bus service schedule. Diridon Caltrain station is a 16 block, 28 minute walk from the SJ P&J Center. See the Caltrain weekend schedule.
- Directions to Room: If you’re entering from the front, the room is immediately toward your right. If you’re entering from the rear parking lot, head straight toward the front of the space and the room will be on your left.
- Wheelchair accessibility: The meeting room is on the 1st floor. There is a wheelchair lift to access the 1st floor behind the building past the gate.
- Childcare: We may be able to provide childcare on request for this meeting. Please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carpooling: We may be able to connect you to carpooling. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parking: Some parking is available behind the Peace and Justice Center. 4th St parking lot (4th st. & San Fernando) and the SJSU Student Services Center (9th st & San Fernando) both charge $5 flat-rate parking after 6pm and are 2-3 blocks away from the Peace & Justice Center.
- Bathroom information: The Peace & Justice Center has a wheelchair accessible, all-gender bathroom.
- Amplified sound: We do not believe this is available, however contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to look into this more.
- Language: At this time the event is planned to be held in English without translation into another spoken offered by the organizers. Depending on availability, American Sign Language (ASL) services may be made available upon request by emailing us at email@example.com. This is an issue of capacity, and we would like to expand our services in the future.